Keyword: Korean tidal flat ecosystem. environmental emergy input.
1. Beaumont, N.J., M.C. Austen, J.P. Atkins, D. Burdon, S. Degraer, T.P. Dentinho, S. Derous, P. Holm, T. Horton, E. van Ierland, A.H. Marboe, D.J. Starkey, M. Townsend and T. Zarzycki, 2007. Identification, definition and quantification of goods and services provided by marine biodiversity: implications for the ecosystem approach. Marine Pollution Bulletin, 54: 253-265.
2. Brown, M.T., R.D. Woithe, H.T. Odum, C.L. Montague and E.C. Odum, 1993. Emergy analysis perspectives of the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Prince William Sound, Alaska. Center for Wetlands and Water Resources, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 122 pp.
3. Eom, K.-H., D.-I. Lee, Y.-T. Kim and G.-Y. Kim, 2012. Characteristics and reasonable management approaches of coastal reclamation in Korea. Journal of the Korean Society for Marine Environmental Engineering, 15(3): 227-237.
4. Eum, K.-H., J.-H. Son, E.-I. Cho, S.-M. Lee and C.-K. Park, 1996. The estimation of carrying capacity in Deukryang Bay by EMERGY analysis. J. Korean Fish. Soc., 29(5): 629-636.
5. JICEISRP (Joint Investigation Commission for the Environmental Impacts of the Saemangeum Reclamation Project), 2000. Report on the joint investigation of environmental impacts of the Saemangeum Reclamation Project – Economic assessment. Joint investigation commission for the environmental impacts of the saemangeum reclamation project, Seoul, 707 pp.
6. Kang, D. and J. Nam, 2003. Emergy-based valuation of marine environmental resources and policy implications. Korea Maritime Institute, Seoul, 127 pp.
7. Kang, D. and J. Nam, 2014. Emergy methodology and marine spatial planning. In: Proceedings of 2014 Joint Meeting of the Korean Association of Ocean Science and Technology, BEXCO, Busan, Korea, 2309 p.
8. Kang, D., 2001. Emergy evaluation of the Kangwha tidal flat. Journal of the Korean Society of Oceanography, 36(2): 51-58.
9. Kang, D., 2010. Emergy carrying capacity of Sungap-do, an uninhabited island in Korea. Journal of the Korean Society for Marine Environmental Engineering, 13(1): 60-67.
10. Kang, D., 2013. Emergy-based value of the contributions of the Youngsan River estuary ecosystem to the Korean economy. The Sea, 18(1): 13-20.
11. Kang, D., 2015. Emergy evaluation of the Korean economy and environment: implications for the valuation of marine ecosystem services. Journal of the Korean Society for Marine Environment and Energy, 18(2): 102-115.
12. Kang, D., J. Nam, H.-W. Choi and K. Son, 2015. Spatial valuation map for Gyeonggi Bay in Korea based on emergy methodology. 8th International Ecosystem Services Partnership Conference 2015. Stellenbosch, South Africa.
13. Kang, D.-S., J.-H. Nam and S.-M. Lee, 2006. Emergy valuation of a tidal flat ecosystem in the southwestern coast of Korea and its comparison with valuations using economic methodologies. Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 15(3): 243-252.
14. KHOA (Korea Hydrographic and Oceanographic Agency), 2012. Harmonic constants for tide and tidal current of the Korean coast. Korea Hydrographic and Oceanographic Agency, Busan, 592 pp.
15. Kim, W.S., 2002. Development and application of strategic environmental assessment to the tideland reclamation project by the environmental accounting. MS thesis, Pukyong National University, 61 pp.
16. KMA (Korea Meteorological Administration), 1982~2011. Annual Climatological Report. Korea Meteorological Administration, Seoul.
17. Koh, C.-H. and J.S. Khim, 2014. The Korean tidal flat of the Yellow Sea: Physical setting, ecosystem and management. Ocean & Coastal Management, 102: 398-414.
18. Koh, C.-H., 2001. The Korean Tidal Flat: Environment, Biology and Human. Seoul National University Press, Seoul, 1073 pp.
19. Koh, C.-H., 2014. The Korean tidal flat ecosystems: Toward transformation from land reclamation to wetland protection. Ocean & Coastal Management, 102: 393-397.
20. Kwon, Y.-J., S.-H. Yoo and S.-H. Park, 2013. Assessment of the environmental value of the Geum-river estuary. Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, 19(5): 417-429.
21. Lee, C., D. Kang and J. Nam, 2001. Integrated management strategies for estuarine environments in Korea. Korea Environment Institute and Korea Maritime Institute, Seoul, 369 pp.
22. Lee, C.H. and D. Kang, 2008. Emergy evaluation of the estuarine areas of Yeongsan River, Seomjin River, and Han River in Korea. Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, 14(2): 135-143.
23. Lee, S.M. and H.T. Odum, 1994. Emergy analysis overivew of Korea. J. of the Korean Environmental Sciences Society, 3: 165-175.
24. MIFAFF (Ministry of Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries), 2012. Strategies to promote tidal flat fisheries. Ministry of Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Seoul, 365 pp.
25. MLTM (Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs), 2008. Tidal flats of Korea, Ministry of Land, Trasnsport and Maritime Affairs, Seoul, 31 pp.
26. MLTM, 2010. National survey of coastal wetlands–basic investigation, Ministry of Land, Trasnsport and Maritime Affairs, Seoul, 673 pp.
27. MLTM, 2011. National survey of coastal wetlands–basic investigation. Ministry of Land, Trasnsport and Maritime Affairs, Seoul, 791 pp.
28. MLTM, 2012. National survey of coastal wetlands–basic investigation. Ministry of Land, Trasnsport and Maritime Affairs, Seoul, 792 pp.
29. MOE (Ministry of Environment), 1996. Economic assessment of conservation and utilization of tidal flats. Ministry of Environment, Seoul, 113 pp.
30. MOF (Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries), 2013a. Main results of national marine ecosystem surveys. Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries, Sejong, 27 pp.
31. MOF, 2013b. National survey for the areal extent of tidal flats. Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries, Sejong, 372 pp.
32. MOF, 2015. Statistical Yearbook of Oceans and Fisheries. Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries, Sejong, 496 pp.
33. Nam, J., W. Chang, and D. Kang, 2010. Carrying capacity of an uninhabited island off the southwestern coast of Korea. Ecological Modelling, 221: 2102-2107.
34. NFRDI (National Fisheries Research and Development Institute), 2005. Korean Coastal and Offshore Fishery Census. National Fisheries Research and Development Institute, Busan.
35. NFRDI, 2010. Korean Coastal and Offshore Fishery Census. National Fisheries Research and Development Institute, Busan.
36. Odum, H.T., 1994. Ecological and General Systems. University Press of Colorado, Niwot, 644 pp.
37. Odum, H.T., 1996. Environmental Accounting: Emergy and Environ-mental Decision Making. John Wiley & Sons, New York, 370 pp.
38. Odum, H.T., M.T. Brown, and S. Brandt-Williams, 2000. Folio #1: Introduction and Global Budget. Handbook of Emergy Evaluation. Center for Environmental Policy, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 16 pp.
39. Oh, H.-T., S.-M. Lee, W.C. Lee, R.H. Jung, S.J. Hong, N.K. Kim and C. Tilburg, 2008. Sustainability evaluation for shellfish production in Gamak Bay based on the systems ecology. 1. EMERGY evaluation for shellfish production in Gamak Bay. Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 17(8): 841-856.
40. Park, S.-C. and C.-H. Koh, 2001. Depositional process of tidal flat. In: The Korean Tidal Flat: Environment, Biology and Human, edited by Koh, C.-H., Seoul National University Press, Seoul, pp. 3-22.
41. Sohn, J.-H., S.-K. Shin, E.-I. Cho and S.-M. Lee, 1996. EMERGY analysis of Korean fisheries. J. Korean Fish. Soc., 29(5): 689-700.
42. Song, K.W. and Y.M. Je, 2004. Ecological economic evaluation of the Nakdong river estuarine area and conservation measures. Busan Development Institute, Busan, 125 pp.
43. TEEB (The Economics fo Ecosystems and Biodiversity), 2010. The economics of ecosystems and biodiversity: Ecological and economic foundations. Edited by Pushpam Kumar. Earthscan, London and Washington, 456 pp.
44. UNEP-WCMC (UNEP World Conservation Monitoring Centre), 2011. Marine and coastal ecosystem services: Valuation methods and their application. UNEP-WCMC Biodiversity Series, No. 33: 46 pp.
45. Yang, G. and D. Kang, 2011. Emergy evaluation of the marine sand extraction for aggregate supply for the construction of the Pusan New Port in Korea. KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, 15(6): 1005-1013.
46. Yoo, S.-H. and J.-S. Lee, 2011. Assessment of economic value of Youngsan River estuary. Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, 44(8): 629-637.
47. Yoo, S.-H., 2007. Using the contingent valuation method based on multi-attribute utility theory to measure the environmental value of the Nakdong-river estuary. Ocean and Polar Research, 29(1): 69-80.
48. Yoon, S.S., S.J. Park and C.O. Shin, 2012. A study on preservation of value of public water reclamation as common resource. Korean Maritime Institute, Seoul, 167 pp.