Instruction for Author
- The journal is committed to the publication of original research articles, reviews and notes on all aspects of ocean sciences. Manuscripts submitted should not be published, accepted, or be under contemporaneous consideration for publication elsewhere, in print or in electronic media. Manuscripts will be reviewed for publication l by the editorial board of the Journal, and edited for conciseness. Korean Society of Oceanography reserves copyright on all papers published in the Sea.
- All manuscripts must be written in Korean or English. Abstract, tables, figures, and references must be written in English.
- As peer review is the key factor on ensuring high quality articles based on an objective and balanced evaluation, papers submitted to the Sea undergo peer review. Papers will be reviewed by two reviewers and editor.
- On the basis of reviewers’comments and author’ responses and revisions, the editorial board of the Sea makes the final decision whether to publish a submitted manuscript.
- A set of galley proofs will be sent to the author for checking typographical errors only.
- Authors are provided with 50 reprints free of charge. Page charges (40,000 KRW/page) should be paid.
Preparation of the manuscript.
- A manuscript should include the title, authors’ names and affiliations, mailing addresses (including zip codes), e-mail addresses, running title, abstract, key words (up to 5 with priority order), introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion, acknowledgements, references, figure legends, tables and figures.
- The order of author should be listed main author as first author and second, third author by contribution of manuscript writing.Corresponding author should be marked the asterisk after the name, and be written corresponding author’ e-mail below the first page of manuscript. Omit the asterisk, if there is only one author. Corresponding author does not necessarily have to be the main author.
- Each Table and figure should be drawn on separate sheets and numbered consecutively. Tables requiring headings and figures must have legends. For the reproduction of figures, only good drawings and original photographs can be accepted.
- Mathematical compositions should be written with two double spaces above and below each composition. The International System of Units (SI) is advocated for use in Ocean Science Journal.
- References quoted in the text should follow examples: Johnson (1995), John and Smith (1995), and (Smith 1995; Smith and Johnson 1991; Johnson et al. 1996).
- References should be listed alphabetically with author’ last name first on a separate sheet. An internationally accepted abbreviation of the journal title should be used. Examples of references are given below:
- Kuzmina N, Lee JH, Zhurbas V (2004) Effects of turbulent mixing and horizontal shear on double-diffusive interleaving in the central and western equatorial Pacific. J Phys Oceanogr 34(1):122-141
- Smith J, Jones M Jr, Houghton L (1999) Future of health insurance. N Engl J Med 965:325-329
- Slifka MK, Whitton JL (2000) Clinical implications of dysregulated cytokine production. J Mol Med 163:63-72. doi:10.1007/s001090000086
Monographs and Reports:
- South J, Blass B (2001) The future of modern genomics. Blackwell, London, 320 p
- Smith J, Brown B (eds) (2001) The demise of modern genomics. Blackwell, London, 152 p
- FAO (2005) Mortality of fish escaping trawl gears. FAO, Rome, FAO Fisheries Technical Paper 478, 72 p
Contributions in Monographs and Proceedings:
- Brown B, Aaron M (2001) The politics of nature. In: Smith J (ed) The rise of modern genomics, 3rd edn. Wiley, New York, pp 230-257
- Lefeuvre F (1994) Fracture related anisotropy detection and analysis: if the P-waves were enough. In: 64th Annual international meeting of society of explortion and geophysics (expanded abstract), Los Angeles, USA, 23-28 Oct, pp 942-945
- Chung S-T, Morris RL (1978) Isolation and characterization of plasmid deoxyribonucleic acid from Streptomyces fradiae. In: Abstracts of the 3rd international symposium on the genetics of industrial microorganisms, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 4-9 June 1978
- Trent JW (1975) Experimental acute renal failure. Ph.D. Thesis, University of California, 151 p
- Doe J (1999) The dictionary of substances and their effects. Royal Society of Chemistry. http://www.rsc.org/ dose/title. Accessed 15 Jan 1999
- Lamberf F (2008) Dust record from the EPICA Dome C ice core, Antarctica, Covering 0 to 800 kyr BP. doi:10.1594/ PANGAEA. 695995
- All submissions are handled online at http://www.ksocean.or.kr/sea_intro.asp. Once you have logged on as author using your ID and password you will be guided through the creation and uploading of your manuscript files.
Research Ethics and Compliance.
- For the policies on the research and publication ethics not stated in this instructions, International standards for editors and authors (http://publicationethics.org/international-standards- editors-and-authors) can be applied.
- Author's check list and copyright transfer form to publish (http://www.ksocean.or.kr/treatisecenter/treatiseForm.asp)
- Editorial Board of the Sea, Tel. +82-2-589-6590/e-mail: email@example.com